The Lingenfelter Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Lingenfelter Center
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares and serves meals which include any or all of the following: main dishes, vegetables, breakfast and lunch items, and baked goods.
- Preparation and serving of foods are in accordance with established procedures and practices of food preparation, food temperatures, freezing, thawing, food portioning tools and controls, and storage and delivery.
- Determines proper amounts of food and baked goods to prepare based on menus and meal head counts.
- Serves and oversees the serving of meals for portion control.
- Cleans, maintains and services required equipment, appliances and tools used during performance of work assignments and maintains a clean, safe working environment.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Methods, materials, and practices of institutional food preparation and service to include food temperatures, freezing, thawing, food portioning tools and controls and storage.
- Operation and servicing of institutional sized kitchen appliances, equipment and tools.
- Food preparation, dietary and nutritional documents.
- Safety hazards, practices, precautions and procedures related to institutional food preparation.
- County and State health and sanitation requirements applicable to institutional food preparation and services.
- Use and care of equipment, tools and materials used in food preparation.
- Safe and effective operation and servicing of appliances, equipment and tools used in food preparation.
- Preparing appropriate amounts and quality of foods and baked goods based on menus and meal head counts in an institutional, commercial or related facility.
- Effectively service, maintain and operate assigned appliances, equipment and tools in accordance with standard operating and safety procedures.
- Direct, instruct and train in the proper use and operation of appliances, equipment and tools and sharp, powered items to insure safe precautions are utilized.
- Fulfill physical requirements of work assignments requiring occasional to frequent moderate lifting of 25-50 pounds and operating appliances and equipment with exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with assigned personnel, associate personnel, residents and vendors.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions and perform arithmetical computations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
Regular contact with associate personnel, residents, visitors and vendors.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- May be subject to call back and irregular schedules.
- Work is subject to utilizing and safe operation of institutional size kitchen appliances and equipment; microwave ovens; large, hot ovens; large, refrigeration/freezer section and other related kitchen appliance and equipment.
- Exposure to hot, scalding oil, grease and water.
- Involves occasional to frequent moderate lifting of 25 to 50 pounds.
- Safety-sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 23-493.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Three to five years experience as a Cook involved with the preparation and delivery of meals in a large scale commercial or institutional operation or related facility.
- Or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Must possess current food handler’s certificate as provided by Mohave County Health Department or related governmental agency within 30 days of hire.
- Obtain/maintain Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card at employee’s expense.
- Obtain/maintain CPR Certification.
- Complete annual Tuberculosis Testing.
- Complete required in-service training.