The Legacy Rehab and Care Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Legacy Rehab and Care Center
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide individualized attention, which encourages each resident’s ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents, and provide support to the resident according to their care plan.
- Assist residents with transfers and positioning with and without use of mechanical lift or gait belt.
- Turn, reposition and transfer residents with impaired mobility, alone or with assistance of others.
- Assist residents with basic activities of daily living, such as, dressing, bathing, and oral hygiene and denture care.
- Provide assistance with toileting routines and pericare as indicated in resident plan of care, ensures residents are clean and dry, collect specimens as needed.
- Take vital signs of residents, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiratory rate and record and report information.
- Assist residents with meals, including transportation to and from meals and/or feeding residents unable to feed themselves.
- Assist in light housekeeping duties to ensure that resident rooms and common areas are free of trip risks or other safety hazards.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials.
- Review resident care plans and perform care consistent with guidelines and directives as contained in the Care Plan. Contribute to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents’ needs and preferences.
- Assist in assuring the maximum quality of life for all residents by maintaining privacy, accommodating individual preference, promoting independence, encouraging and assisting participation in facility activities and events, and communicate respectfully at all times.
- Conduct resident rounds as assigned to ensure residents are neat, clean, safe and comfortable.
- Interact with the residents in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Respond to all call lights promptly and courteously in facilities with call lights. Keep call light within reach of non-ambulatory resident when unattended.
- Maintain continuous communication with team leader. Report changes in resident condition to licensed nurse, including but not limited to changes in food or liquid intake, toileting, vital signs or behavior.
- Document all care provided in resident record/C.N.A. notes in a timely manner following facility procedures.
- Assist new employees in acclimating to facility policies, procedures and routines.
- Demonstrates genuine care for residents through compassion, kindness and gentleness.
- Assist nurses and admission staff in following facility procedures for admission, transfer and discharge.
- Consistently work cooperatively with residents, charge nurses, other C.N.A.’s, other departments and outside caregivers, families and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Medical terminology.
- Safety rules, policies and procedures, infection prevention and control procedures.
- Facility emergency/disaster response and evacuation procedures.
- Full understanding of all aspects of residents’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents’ rights.
- · Abuse reporting and suspicion of a crime procedures.
- Use and care of equipment, tools and materials used in resident care activities.
- Working independently to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Operating a computer utilizing a variety of commonly used and specialized software applications.
- To use diagnostic equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel, residents and resident family members.
- Read and write clearly.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions.
- Maintain confidentiality and work under pressure in a dynamic environment with changing demands and priorities.
- Respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations.
- Monitor time and stress levels to ensure effective care is provided to the residents.
- Comply with facility policies and procedures.
Regular contacts with associate personnel, residents, resident family members and visitors.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to bear weight of 100 pounds or more.
- Requires constant physical activities including standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, pulling, stretching, turning, grasping and reaching.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, thoroughness and quality of work assigned.
- Aural acuity to receive detailed information through oral communication, often from persons with speech impairment.
- Frequent exposure to fumes or airbone particles and some mechanical equipment.
- Exposure to a variety of patient conditions and elements.
- Regular requirement of long hours and frequent weekend work.
- Frequent interactions with persons who may be verbally abusive to include yelling and cursing.
- Frequent interaction with persons who are disabled, elderly and emotionally upset and who may be emotional, verbally and physical abusive.
- Requires the ability to work with frequent interruptions with a workload that may be unpredictable and difficult to manage at times.
- Safety-sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 23-493.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Must complete a state approved nursing assistant program.
- Must obtain state certified nursing assistant license in accordance with the standards of the State Board of Nursing within 120 days of hire.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT(S)
- Obtain/maintain Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card at employee’s expense.
- Obtain/maintain CPR Certification.
- Complete annual Tuberculosis Testing.
- Complete required 12 hours of annual in-service training.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.