Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vocational Coordinator (Part Time)
at Southwest Behavioral & Health Services
Behavioral Health Technician
Vocational Coordinator (Part Time)
AZ-Lake Havasu City-Lake Havasu Outpatient Clinic (O)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Vocational Coordinator for our Lake Havasu City Outpatient Program where you will have an opportunity to design, implement and oversee vocational services, programs and performance improvement objectives for individuals reaching independent goals. Clinic is open Monday-Friday 8am-7pm. This is a part time position, granting 20 hours/week, must work Monday-Friday
The Vocational Coordinator, designs, implements, and facilitates vocational services. Creates, revises, and disseminates information and trains personnel on vocational policies and procedures in response to mandates, standards, and to comply with funding source mandates. Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with local employers and community providers to maximize the opportunities for persons in services to enter the labor force.
• Provides and oversees the implementation of a full range of vocational services, including resume development, job search support, and interviewing techniques
• Prepares and presents job readiness activities to persons in services and provides “train the trainer” opportunities to other personnel
• Provides support and information, education or guidance to consumers and support system members concerning issues of treatment planning, advocacy, and medication management
• Conducts vocational groups and job clubs
• Provides information to consumers and family members concerning community resources and links to other services
• Arranges for transportation for consumers and family members for community services as needed
• Maintains expected level of productivity
• Coordinates with employers and agencies to identify job opportunities and promote employment of job-seeking clients
• Works with local service providers, case managers, and employers to advocate for and link persons in services with vocational opportunities
• Experience working with limited resource population
• Ability to work with grace under pressure
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team and to share responsibilities and duties
• Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict in a straightforward and timely manner
• Ability to set priorities, be organized, and be a self-starter
• Ability to be friendly, empathic ,and an adept communicator
• Ability to treat both staff and clients with respect
• Minimum requirement consists of a Bachelor’s degree with one year of full-time behavioral health experience providing psychosocial rehabilitaion, valid AZ driver’s license, and Motor Vehicle clearance
• A combination of Behavioral Health experience and education totaling 5 years is acceptable.
• Knowledge of computer software and/or applicable programs
• Ability to obtain certification in First Aid & CPR
• Fingerprint and/or background check clearance
• Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals. General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with children of mixed ethnic groups
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred