North Country HealthCare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chief Medical Officer Physician
at North Country HealthCare
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER physician opening in our Flagstaff clinic
Benefits package includes:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts or HSA
- 401k (Immediately Vested) with Employer Match
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (start at 30 Days) plus 6 Federal Holidays
- One Week Paid Time Off for CME along with $2000 CME Reimbursement
- FTCA Medical Malpractice Provided
- Professional fees paid: DEA, state license, bd. cert, membership dues up to $750 annually and Up-To-Date.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is responsible for the provision of comprehensive health care to all health patients and quality assurance of all medical programs. The CMO divides his/her time between clinical and administration and is responsible for supervision of all medical staff. The CMO works in conjunction with and under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Examine patients and conducts appropriate tests to determine medical condition/status and to diagnose illness. Determines corrective action to pursue in eliminating illness, disease or injury, prescribes appropriate medications, implements treatment program and/or refers patient to other medical facility. Advise patients on diet, hygiene, and preventative health care practices
- Oversee continuous quality improvement (CQI) committee and assists with need assessments
- Conduct regular provider staff meetings
- Oversee provider staff activities including scheduling of rotations and leave, approving and/or arranging continuing education, inservice training and new staff orientation. Participate in provider personnel matters including hiring, firing, and promotion
- Oversee documentation by providers and perform/coordinate peer review
- Develop medical guidelines and protocols
The position is based in Flagstaff but responsible for clinical staff and care quality at all North Country sites. Candidates must be boarded in a primary care specialty: Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Family Practice.
Minimum 3 year's clinical leadership experience including oversight of grants, supervision of primary care providers, experience in quality improvement, and risk management. Community Health experience preferred.
North Country HealthCare is a dynamic, energetic, non-profit community health center with a mission to provide accessible, affordable, comprehensive primary care in an atmosphere of respect, dignity, and cultural sensitivity.
Flagstaff is located at the base of the San Francisco Peaks at an elevation of 7,000 feet. It offers four distinctive seasons and is a year round recreational paradise. Outdoor enthusiasts can find a wide variety of activities to enjoy in a pristine mountain setting. Arizona Snowbowl is a popular ski and snowboarding resort 30 minutes away. Other attractions include: historic downtown (bordered by the famous Route 66), Lowell Observatory, Museum of Northern Arizona and nearby Grand Canyon National Park and Sedona.
The city is host to many annual events, is home to one of Arizona's three universities and a well-respected community college. In addition to being a vibrant educational center, Flagstaff boasts a thriving artistic community and hosts many venues for the performing and visual arts. It has been continually recognized as one of the "100 Best Communities For Young People" by America's Promise Alliance and was recently listed in Sunset Magazine's "Best Places To Live In The West 2014". It was also recently voted 5th out of "20 Best American Downtowns" nominated from 2,000 communities by Parade Magazine. For residents, Flagstaff's diversity coupled with its manageable size and central location within the state, make it an ideal place to live.